With the June 1900 fire having destroyed the Town House and Foxborough High School wing, voters quickly appropriated funds to construct a new high school building at the location of the current day town hall. Within a year of the Town House fire, the new Foxborough High School was constructed and ready to receive students in September of 1901. It was to become the last wooden framed school constructed in town. The school continued to house many grades until the new high school (now the old section of the Vincent C. Igo Elementary School) opened in 1928. Grades 7 – 12 were moved to the new building while the former high school became the Centre School serving grades three through six for the center of town. The school stopped housing students in the mid 1960’s and was later demolished for the construction of Town Hall.