The first house in the center of the future Foxborough was built by Nehemiah Carpenter in 1750, just off the Road to Bristol (South Street.) Today, Carpenter Street passes through this location. Nehemiah signed the petition for incorporation and was later named first Treasurer in town history. In 1783 Nehemiah Carpenter (along with residents Samuel Baker and Jeremiah Hartshorn) donated the land for the current day Foxborough Common. Nehemiah later donated land for the centre burial ground that now serves as home to Memorial Hall and the current town hall.