In 1850, Virgil Pond and others organized the Foxborough Steam Mill Company for the manufacture of wooded bonnet packing boxes. The first Baptist meetinghouse was moved to Market Street (opposite Gilmore) and fitted to house the business. By 1856, Virgil Pond had bought out his partners and operated the business solely. After a fire destroyed the original structure, a larger building replaced the burned one with other wooden products such as spools also being manufactured by the business. The mill ceased operation in 1916 and was town down in 1930.