The Foxboro Jewelry Company launched in 1852 in the Steam Mill on Gilmore and produced gold jewelry. In 1856 the company built their own building on Main Street, but the business failed during the Civil War. The Rotary Shuttle Sewing Machine Company located to the building but failed years later due to strong competition. While the building was used by the Union & Bay Company and later Herbert Faught to make straw hats, it was purchased by the Inman & Kimball Company and referred to as the West Branch where ladies hats were manufactured. Edwin Pickert used the building to manufacture hats until 1931 and the building is now home to the Sentry Company which manufactures heat treating and other industrial furnaces..