The Town House was constructed in 1857 directly behind the present day Town Hall. The building provided space for town offices and Reverend James L. Stone opened the English and Classical High School in the building in 1858. A later addition afforded space for Foxborough to start its own High School in the building in 1865. In 1876 the first class graduated from high school and consisted of seven graduates. The fire that destroyed the building on June 4, 1900 was a tragic loss to the town when three firefighters (Arthur Josselyn, George Josselyn, and Joseph Watkins) lost their lives when battling the blaze and another, Samuel Johnson, was seriously injured.